“#MyParentsForgotToMention” is a twitter hashtag that is currently trending on twitter. I saw this today and it made me begin thinking about all the things my parents have forgotten to tell me.
- That people will take advantage of you and use you if you let them.
- That high school is NOTHING like High School Musical.
- That just because everyone gets a ribbon in school does not mean everyone wins in life.
- That blood is not necessarily thicker than water.
- That no one really knows what they are doing in life, everyone is just winging it.
- That you do not have to have the same opinions as everyone around you.
- That there is no future in the past.
- That how a date speaks to a waiter/waitress says a lot about their character.
- That growing up means I do not need everyones approval to like myself.
- That not everyone in your life will be there for you.