- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- You are not the mistakes you have made. Remember, people with the worst pasts end up creating the best futures
- Now is the new later.
- Remember, people with the worst pasts end up creating the best futures.
- If you can’t stop thinking about it don’t stop working toward it.
- In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growths or step back into safety.
- Your life unfolds in proportion to your courage.
- When someone does something wrong, don’t forget about all of the things they have done right.
- You love yourself the love that you give so freely to other people.
- The most revolutionary thing you can do is stop explaining yourself.
- Your mistakes should guide you, not define you.
- You don’t have to be perfect to inspire others. Let others be inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and pick a new ending.
- Ditch the dream and be a doer.
- When you focus on problems you create more problems. When you focus on possibility you create more opportunity.
- You cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.
- Everything you need is already within you.
*Quotes from MelRobins.com
Self love isn’t just all about scented candles and bubble baths, green tea and romance novels, warm blankets and hot fudge. Self love is hard sometimes, doing the dirty dishes that have been in the sink for two weeks, pushing yourself to go out on a run after laying in bed for four days, cooking yourself a healthy meal after living off noodles for months. Self love is all of this: it is about loving yourself, and forgiving yourself, cutting out toxic people, and embracing who you are. Self love isn’t always pretty, it is exhausting sometimes, but if you can’t love yourself, no one can do it for you.
Maybe you’ll find love at 17, when you’re young and just starting in life. Maybe you’ll find love at 25, when you have a job and a house, but haven’t quite figured yourself out. Maybe you’ll find love at 40, when you feel like you’re old but not quite burnt out. Maybe you’ll find love at 60, when you’ve given up completely on love, and you think it gave up on you. Or maybe, maybe you’ll find love at 80, and maybe there won’t be much left of life, but love is always love, and the time won’t matter, because when you’re with that person, you’ll feel infinite. Love is timeless, and it takes awhile to find.
- If you fucked up today, that’s okay. You’re still smart, good, and people still love you.
- If you’re in a dark place today, that’s okay. Even if you feel like you can’t get out of bed, and all you can do is breathe, that’s okay. You breathe, take the time you need, and we’ll be here when you are ready.
Everyday is a battle. On some. You demolish whatever’s ahead of you. On others, you just have to hang on for dear life. Either way, you are a fighter. Don’t forget that.
Here is the thing you will never know until it is too late, you are so busy chasing after someone else’s dreams, for them, that you forget you have some dreams yourself too. And when you wake up from this nightmare, it will feel like coming up for air after holding your breath underwater for too long. It will feel like the part where you say, “I love you, but I cannot stay,” and walk away from something or someone that has been hurting you . You will begin to feel blood rushing through your veins again. You will realize how blue the sky actually is because you start paying attention to everything around you. You will begin to listen to your heart, your intuitions, and you will know what feels right. You will find out who you can be without chasing after dreams that are not yours because they do not define who you are. That is when clarity hits, the moment the storm passes, and walking out that door never felt so right. Make no mistake that this is just the beginning. Maybe where you are right now is at the bottom of the put, put it only marks the beginning of an uprising, a roar in the silence, a bolt of thunder that strikes the sky. We all start somewhere. And when you choose to not be reduced by what has happened to you, you remember those events as living stories. On days when you are feeling nostalgic, retrieve them where they are stored at the back of your mind. You look back and smile at what has happened, but longing to go back to relive the moment, but when you finally come to your senses, you would not wish for things to be better than they were. You will not be homesick for a place that no longer exists. Take comfort in knowing that these thoughts about being better, waiting to do more for yourself, seeking for something to believe in again- they are signs of rising strong. This is how you stay afloat.
There’s so much more to life than funding someone who will want you, or being sad over someone who doesn’t. There’s a lot of wonderful time to be spent discovering yourself without hoping someone will fall in love with you along the way, and it doesn’t need to be painful or empty. You need to fill yourself up with love. Not anyone else. Become a whole being on your own. Go on adventures, fall asleep in the woods with friends, wander around the city at night, sit in a coffee shop on your own, write on bathroom stalls, leave notes in library books, dress up for yourself, give to others, smile a lot. Do all things with love, but don’t romanticize life like you can’t survive without it. Live for yourself and be happy on your own. It isn’t any less beautiful, I promise.