To be completely honest, sometimes life just sucks. Sometimes we don’t know if we’ll make it through. Sometimes we don’t know where we are headed or the “why” behind our circumstances. Sometimes our hearts break. Sometimes we lose people we love and our worlds are left in pieces. Sometimes we feel helpless. Sometimes we’re scared. Sometimes we don’t want to open our eyes when we hear that alarm clock go off. But here’s the thing, today you did. Today you opened your eyes. Today you shrugged out of bed. Today you took a breath, you steped forward, and you continued. And that’s what’s truly admireable. And I know it’s hard. Moving forward was damn hard. But you did it. You continued. And so, today, I only hope for one thing: I hope that you learn to laugh. I know your days are tough. I know you believe in goodness, because goodness had failed you time and time again. I know you ache, I know. But I hope you learn to laugh today. And I hope you laugh until it doesn’t hurt as much. Until you forget. And I hope that laughter gives you strength. Because believe me when I say that you are powerful. Believe me when I say you can do this.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- You are not the mistakes you have made. Remember, people with the worst pasts end up creating the best futures
- Now is the new later.
- Remember, people with the worst pasts end up creating the best futures.
- If you can’t stop thinking about it don’t stop working toward it.
- In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growths or step back into safety.
- Your life unfolds in proportion to your courage.
- When someone does something wrong, don’t forget about all of the things they have done right.
- You love yourself the love that you give so freely to other people.
- The most revolutionary thing you can do is stop explaining yourself.
- Your mistakes should guide you, not define you.
- You don’t have to be perfect to inspire others. Let others be inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and pick a new ending.
- Ditch the dream and be a doer.
- When you focus on problems you create more problems. When you focus on possibility you create more opportunity.
- You cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.
- Everything you need is already within you.
*Quotes from MelRobins.com
- It’s okay not to be okay. Have a hot drink and go to bed.
- Stop expecting the worst. It’s possible to find positivity in even the worst situation.
- If someone makes a joke that you don’t find funny, you dont have to laugh. You don’t have to react at all.
- If someone makes a joke that you find offensive, you can let them know.
- Speaking your mind WON’T make people like you less. Being mean or rude WILL.
- A little kindness goes a long way. Its free, and you’ll make a lot more friends too.
- Kindness towards yourself also counts. Don’t forget that.
- Don’t go to bed angry. That applies to family, friends, and anyone else who matters enough to make you angry.
- It applies to you too. Make peace with yourself before you go to bed.
- No matter how you feel today, tomorrow will be a different story. Strap yourself in and hold on tight. You’ll get where you want to be soon.
Self love isn’t just all about scented candles and bubble baths, green tea and romance novels, warm blankets and hot fudge. Self love is hard sometimes, doing the dirty dishes that have been in the sink for two weeks, pushing yourself to go out on a run after laying in bed for four days, cooking yourself a healthy meal after living off noodles for months. Self love is all of this: it is about loving yourself, and forgiving yourself, cutting out toxic people, and embracing who you are. Self love isn’t always pretty, it is exhausting sometimes, but if you can’t love yourself, no one can do it for you.
Maybe you’ll find love at 17, when you’re young and just starting in life. Maybe you’ll find love at 25, when you have a job and a house, but haven’t quite figured yourself out. Maybe you’ll find love at 40, when you feel like you’re old but not quite burnt out. Maybe you’ll find love at 60, when you’ve given up completely on love, and you think it gave up on you. Or maybe, maybe you’ll find love at 80, and maybe there won’t be much left of life, but love is always love, and the time won’t matter, because when you’re with that person, you’ll feel infinite. Love is timeless, and it takes awhile to find.
- If you fucked up today, that’s okay. You’re still smart, good, and people still love you.
- If you’re in a dark place today, that’s okay. Even if you feel like you can’t get out of bed, and all you can do is breathe, that’s okay. You breathe, take the time you need, and we’ll be here when you are ready.
Everyday is a battle. On some. You demolish whatever’s ahead of you. On others, you just have to hang on for dear life. Either way, you are a fighter. Don’t forget that.
Here is the thing you will never know until it is too late, you are so busy chasing after someone else’s dreams, for them, that you forget you have some dreams yourself too. And when you wake up from this nightmare, it will feel like coming up for air after holding your breath underwater for too long. It will feel like the part where you say, “I love you, but I cannot stay,” and walk away from something or someone that has been hurting you . You will begin to feel blood rushing through your veins again. You will realize how blue the sky actually is because you start paying attention to everything around you. You will begin to listen to your heart, your intuitions, and you will know what feels right. You will find out who you can be without chasing after dreams that are not yours because they do not define who you are. That is when clarity hits, the moment the storm passes, and walking out that door never felt so right. Make no mistake that this is just the beginning. Maybe where you are right now is at the bottom of the put, put it only marks the beginning of an uprising, a roar in the silence, a bolt of thunder that strikes the sky. We all start somewhere. And when you choose to not be reduced by what has happened to you, you remember those events as living stories. On days when you are feeling nostalgic, retrieve them where they are stored at the back of your mind. You look back and smile at what has happened, but longing to go back to relive the moment, but when you finally come to your senses, you would not wish for things to be better than they were. You will not be homesick for a place that no longer exists. Take comfort in knowing that these thoughts about being better, waiting to do more for yourself, seeking for something to believe in again- they are signs of rising strong. This is how you stay afloat.